Cross platform gameplay (Gaming)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 18:38 (2504 days ago) @ Cody Miller

There is no reasonable "balance issue" I can think of to prevent people from either using the same characters across Destiny for Windows and Destiny for Xbox.

I thought you were talking about cross playform co-op. As in, simultaneous play with someone on the PC and Xbox. As far as just characters being platform agnostic, this is probably true, although what if things like drop rates were adjusted? Then you could gear up faster on one platform, and transfer to the other. Or maybe certain perk combinations are removed on one platform only. Only thing I can think of that they might object to.

Talking about both.

I can see NO reason whatsoever for not allowing characters to be shared between PC and Xbox Destiny.

I can see precious little justification for not allowing at least some co-op PVE between the two platforms.

Rate drops? Why would Bungie adjust rate drops across platforms? They've struggled for 3 years to balance both PVE and PVP by using the same weapons and stats, and you think they're suddenly going to start changing drop rates on a per-platform basis?

Sounds like a big stretch.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread