Say hello to the Iron Banner (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, September 28, 2017, 18:57 (2407 days ago) @ TheeChaos

No. Context is important.

Very recently, we received our first real batch of player data from our analytics team.

We are aware of MIDA Multi-Tool’s popularity and are looking at it very closely. It is popular, but according to our data, there are options out there that match or exceed its effectiveness in all activities. Have you found one?

This is very similar to what they said about the MIDA Multi-Tool in D1:

Ignoring popularity, we think MIDA is fairly balanced in the global scale of weapons but I'm sure many non-MIDA users are starting to get tired of seeing that name come up in their death screen.

The message here is that yes MIDA is a good option, but there are already guns out there that are better according to their first wave of data. And, more guns and balance updates will help make that even more clear over time.

Anecdotally, the MIDA Muilti-Tool is a good gun, but I can go toe to toe and beat it with a couple of my different load outs. For instance, I straight up took on a Fireteam of MIDA users the other day with my New Monarchy Song of Justice VI and in one on one shootouts won a lot more than I lost. The twist a former Bungie quote, “MIDA Multi-Tool users are tough, but they’re not invincible.”

And yeah, I don’t make claims without something to back me up. I took a video of me doing it:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ragashingo/video/37170760

Note my first encounter with the MIDA Multi-Tool user down the curving street? He had a good line of sight and was making good use of cover but I played it smart and got him. My Fireteam helped me with the next few guys but I was on my game and getting a lot of headshots. Note a bit later the Warlock that jumps up on the overhang who gets a good two shot head start on me but who I manage to trade kills with. Then a bit later fighting back up towards B I get a good couple of kills vs MIDA users.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread