Muahahaha! (DBO)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, October 02, 2017, 12:06 (2359 days ago) @ Korny

How's it feel now, PS4-ers!?

Speaking of which, don't forget to pick up your Trials Engram, PS4 folks! :P

On topic, though, have y'all tried setting up a more generic motto in the meantime? Sammy and I were in the mood to help folks with Nightfall earlier, and seent that our wonderfully competent clan leader has yet to get this issue sorted.

Here's what's been tried, so people don't feel the need to either belittle Speed's competency, or suggest obvious things that don't work:

- allowing other people admin privs to edit the motto, on the chance that it's a problem with Speed's account
- trying a simple motto (several attempts, everything from one letter up)
- deleting the clan name, and retyping it, on the chance that a stray illegal character was included
- changing the clan name to something that contains none of the phrases of the current clan name

None of these things have worked. Bungie's first line of support (their Help forum) has made suggestions that have not yielded any positive results, and pushed the question up the ladder.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/233740394

This isn't something Speed did wrong. This is a bug in the system, and nobody's been able to figure out how to fix it yet.

I even coerced Claude into sending a email to one of his moles inside Bellevue - on a Saturday no less! :-)

Pro-Tip: When submitting a post asking for help, be sure to detail all of the solutions that you've tried. Otherwise, you'll have someone hop in, make a suggestion, then leave after patting themselves on the back, assuming that they've enlightened you on your error.

Looking on the Bnet post that Claude linked, it looks like that's exactly what happened at first. Fortunately, the help continued, and hopefully that gets resolved now.

It is ALWAYS a fight between "list the issue as succinctly as possible so they don't get bored and leave before you've asked for help" and "let them know what you've done (and not done) so that you don't waste anybody's time". I'm behind the general concept of your pro-tip, but I've had plenty of experience with support staff that stopped reading after the first paragraph (or the first 4 sentences, whichever came first).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread