Surprised how much of this stuff wasn't already in the game. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 20:27 (2347 days ago) @ cheapLEY

No map voting/selection in matched pvp? Coupled with no protection against playing the same map over and over?

You keep pointing this out, and I have to wonder if you've ever played a game with map voting. In my experience it almost invariably leads to playing the same three popular maps endlessly while never playing on anything else.

Destiny 2's current system is absolutely broken. The last time I played (which was over a month ago, admittedly, we played Legion's Gulch literally four times in a row, then switched to The Dead Cliffs for two games, then back to Legions' Gulch for another three games. Almost every time I've played Crucible, it's been similar.

Map voting is not the way to fix that issue, in my opinion though. It will end up exactly the same, except the maps you see over and over again won't change from session to session because the community will decide what the "good" maps are and never vote for anything else.

Map voting can work quite well... some games will just offer up a choice between 2 maps and let players vote between the 2. As long as the pairs of maps being offered are mixed up often enough, it can avoid repitition.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread