The Games of 2017. (Off-Topic)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, December 29, 2017, 06:49 (2281 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

My most played and most enjoyed game this year was actually a 2016 game: Titanfall 2. The support that Respawn has put behind that game deserves all the recognition it can get. Great new maps, great new game modes, constant balance tweaks, all for free. Their updates are so frequent that when they made a balance change that the community wasn’t happy about (merging the grappling hook) it only took them something like 3 weeks to undo the nerf.
That stuff aside, it’s still the best feeling and Best playing shooter on a console (I know Destiny excels in this area, but Titanfall 2 has snappier controls and more responsive movement. As a result, it doesn’t look as smooth as Destiny, but I *feel* like I’m more in control).

^ This. Titanfall 2 was a lot of fun and received a lot of great free content this year. Too bad Respawn is part of EA now.

Factorio

I had some good fun with this PC game. It's a top-down game where you start with nothing and automate your way to success while fending off monsters. The gameplay trailer does a good job of explaining the basic game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread