Hey CheapLEY... about AC Origins... (spoilers) (Off-Topic)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, January 08, 2018, 09:39 (2293 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So I just finished the main campaign last night... holy crap, what a turnaround. Once I hit roughly 8 hours or so, the game started to click and build momentum for me like crazy. The story and characters get continuously more interesting and compelling, the missionsgot better, and the locations more diverse and beautiful. I did most but not all of the side quests, and I’m excited to go back in and continue exploring. There are still 5 or 6 regions on the map that I haven’t visited yet, and I’m excited to check them out. Some of the North-west territories are heavily developed Greek & Roman areas, and the combination of landscapes and architecture is just jaw-droppingly gorgeous.

Most of all, the *feel* of an assassins creed game starts to become more prominent as the game moves on, in a very subtle and natural way. This is obviously a game about the origins of the Assassins brotherhood, and as the plot moves towards that culmination, the missions also start to take on more of that classic AC feel. It’s actually really clever.

I think some of my early gripes also became less bothersome over time as I adjusted to the game. I now quite enjoy the combat. I still don’t think it’s particularly natural or intuitive, but I’ve become familiar with it to the point where I now feel a sense of control and badassary that was lacking at first.

So yeah. Totally glad I stuck with it. Having loads of fun at this point.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread