Shaders (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, January 25, 2018, 15:40 (2283 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm actually really excited they didn't just decide to go back to D1 style shaders (other than it requiring a complete rework of some of the methods for rewarding them) and I have some hopes for a few things. My likely wishful thinking hopes in response to the bullet points:

It should be easier to get rid of a stack of shaders. We are looking at mass exchange solutions.

Emphasis mine. The discussion point of having them sold to vendors is likely the easiest solution. Single click to sell a stack of X or something. That would greatly accelerate their dismantling but not necessarily lead to accidental stack deletion.

We know you miss D1 Armor Shader mechanics. Looking at ways to re-integrate that capability without losing the ability to shade weapons, Ghosts, ships, Sparrows, or customize specific pieces of armor.

I would appreciate the ability to acquire/make a usable space in our Inventory section where shaders were in D1. Allowing you to apply it to all of your armor, but still allowing for a toggle override on shaders applied directly to armor pieces. I think that would be a nice balance and not remove having shaders we can apply to other items.

We also understand you want shaders to be more freely usable and not limited by availability. We’re looking at re-introducing shader collections or a way to get copies of a shader in your possession.

And all of this leads to: Where is Eva Lavante, and can she just become a shader/emblem vendor again? I miss having that. Other than bringing back kiosks (which I also support) I think that would be a more manageable option. Let her sell shaders specific to herself. Perhaps she is the only way of getting the inventory shader items other than events/end game content. Thinking out loud. I think it would be beneficial to have her back, though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread