It finally happened (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, February 06, 2018, 22:26 (2263 days ago)

No, not the SpaceX launch.

Not my first D2 raid completion (although that TECHNICALLY did happen last week, if you count the last encounter by itself as a raid, which the game apparently does).

No, much better than any of that. I finally came across a group of blueberries who spread out and captured the plates efficiently in a Vex public event!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/stabbim/video/43691021

I checked out each plate, and started going to the high one because from below, I couldn't tell whether the player up there was participating or just happened to be nearby. But once I got up there, it was clear that they were capturing the plate. This left me to take up position near the conflux and make sure stragglers didn't sneak through. Everyone was shooting well and nothing ever got close.

This has never happened to me before in my entire time playing D2. Not once. That actually makes it rarer than any exotic, using only the meter of my personal experience anyway. Every single other time, it goes (more or less) like this:

1. The event starts. Blueberries all appear to be defending conflux. This is OK, I can do the plates myself if NOTHING goes wrong. I head to the first plate.

2. I get maybe 15% done capturing first plate. All blueberries are now on it with me. No one is defending conflux. No one is even looking at conflux. I fruitlessly try to communicate to blueberries that they don't ALL need to be there. Message is not received. They all think I'm trying to kill an invisible enemy who just HAPPENS to always be standing at the same location as their faces.

3. I return to conflux so we don't get 10 Vex through and lose before plates are even done.

4. All blueberries have now followed me to conflux. Reasoning is unknown, and also doubtful. First plate is not captured yet.

5. I return to first plate.

6. GOTO 2

Side note: Up until tonight, I didn't actually like Conspirator that much. I kept it because I wanted another full auto energy scout to fill a void role, but I didn't care for it (except the sound) and was kind of hoping I'd get another Metronome to replace it. For some reason, tonight it just clicked. I like it now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread