Xbox One X (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 22:00 (2262 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That pic of the Traveler and the City is my new wallpaper.

What's the source? Xbox One X? PC? I can't really say definitively, as I haven't really taken many D2 screenshots lately, but it looks a little more sharp than the few I have taken with my PS4 Pro.

Glad you like ’em! They’re from the Xbox One X. The PS4 Pro isn’t drawing a native 3840x2160 picture, so you’ll have some sampling in your screenshots, I imagine. It’s basically indistinguishable during gameplay, but you can probably see the difference in still frames with lots of edge detail like that City shot.

The X also has a cool feature where, when connected to an HDR display, taking a screenshot dumps both an SDR-converted PNG (usually a bit “flat”) as well as a full 16-bit HDR JPEG-XR. After finding a Photoshop plugin for JPEG-XR, I can edit the screenshots back to normal display gamut using the full HDR range! That means there’s some artistic license in those screenshots, but I tried to correct them as closely as I could to what they looked like on-screen.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread