I think you're doing it wrong… (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, February 09, 2018, 13:07 (2261 days ago) @ Korny

Kind of? Sammy and I are both bothered by her TV’s HDR settings, though. It just looks like somebody bumped Color and Contrast all the way up, while simultaneously decreasing Highlights and increasing Exposure...

It looks... Juicy.

I've gotta be honest, I see none of those issues on my system, but I did have to jump through hoops to get everything set up correctly. And it was all poorly-documented. I'd make a 'how-to,' but unless someone is using the exact same equipment I am, then it wouldn't matter because every manufacturer has their own ways of doing things.

The benefits of HDR are that the brights should be brighter, the colors at the edge of the spectrum should have more range and not clip, and gradients should be smoother everywhere. But "juicy" shouldn't be a thing. I suspect that there's a setting or two somewhere that should be toggled.

Beorn did a great job making his images look awesome and appealing.

Thanks! I'm still trying to figure out HDR->SDR conversion stuff, and I know I'm not getting it right, so the best I can hope for is close.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread