WOW! 4K HDR sucks! (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, February 09, 2018, 14:27 (2260 days ago) @ Korny

Yeah, something just looks off about those images. Like, maybe someone just hit me with Color Spray! ;)

Maybe trying to show off super HDR images to people with not-super-HDR-screens is kinda like trying to sell 3D TVs by showing ads to people who all own not-3D-TVs?

Kind of? Sammy and I are both bothered by her TV’s HDR settings, though. It just looks like somebody bumped Color and Contrast all the way up, while simultaneously decreasing Highlights and increasing Exposure...

It looks... Juicy.

Anyway, I don’t like it. Maybe I’m just old, but I find very little “GLAWRIOUS!” about these modern “upgrades” besides sharper images (I’d much rather have better framerates and features, and I say that as a screenshot guy...), which just make pop-in and stuff far more obvious... We’re not quite there yet tech-wise for this stuff to be a priority, though Beorn did a great job making his images look awesome and appealing.

You're right. It does look Juicy. There have been known issues with HDR in D2 on the PS4 Pro. I thought they fixed them, but I still can't adjust brightness in-game with HDR enabled. I also get a multicolor flash when D2 is launching and it switches to HDR.

Also, I get a warning every time I take a screenshot saying the colors might not be right because of HDR. It's a bummer.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread