TTK changes (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, March 30, 2018, 10:33 (2374 days ago) @ Durandal

I’ve always been disappointed in the Resilience stat. I haven’t looked at the numbers in a while, but I remember there was some key value (4 or 5 I think it was) which would... let you survive a single extra body shot from the MIDA Multi-tool. My perception is that resilience might help you win or survive in edge cases in the Crucible, but that it is not really key to victory in most cases. Going from 0 to 10 resilience is basically not going to help you survive even one more more bullet for anything except auto rifles and smgs.

I sorta get why this is. If my Tanky Titan took 7 MIDA Multi-Tool headshots to kill but your Squishy Warlock took just 4... I’m gonna win a lot of battles even while missing a shot or two.

Similarly, Recovery to me is a nice to have, but not an essential in any of my builds. For the most part, I rarely recover so much faster that I win the next battle that I would have lost. And, even in the best circumstances, it only gets me back into battle what, a second faster at 10 vs 0? That’s almost never going to be enough time to matter.

For the most part, I think Destiny 2 plays fine, but it also does this odd thing where it teases at a greater level of complexity that doesn’t really actually exist. Maybe it shouldn’t exist since actually fast or tanky characters would upset the balance too much. But, at the same time, maybe Bungie needs to decide if they want that complexity and if so embrace it fully. Or they need to decide that in most Crucible modes everyone starts out with the same stats and stop pretending that Mobility, Resilience, and Recovery mean anything.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread