TTK changes (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Friday, March 30, 2018, 10:34 (2374 days ago) @ Durandal

So you had me through most of that. That TTK and combat feel are tied to much more than just damage numbers and you hit a lot of great points. And I was with you, at least in part, on most of your solutions. But you lost me here:

*Run speed modified by a player’s speed attribute

I think the direct motivating factors to limiting sprint speeds are pretty apparent. It could be made clearer that mobility doesn’t impact sprint. But I don’t think that will help with the lack of Mobility use. The map design in PvP doesn’t support it, for one. Power ammo is on a timer, so getting there faster is a minor advantage. I don’t think starting with power on the map is a good option either. While faster sprint is tangible, the benefit in a fight is still from strafing (it doesn’t help flanking by much unless maybe you are solo queued, but even then I don’t have trouble eith low-or-no mobility in most flanking) and strafing is impacted by mobility. Totally down with longer slides, though.

As an alternative to run speed, I still vote that mobility impact handling and to a lesser degree reload. If your ready/aim/swap speeds were improved by mobility that is one more direct firefight benefit (currently where the cited Resilience value is, where most of the Recovery value is and why most builds are high Res/high Rec) then you would probably see a lot more varied and functional builds.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread