mobility and sprint (Destiny)

by Durandal, Friday, March 30, 2018, 16:18 (2374 days ago) @ Harmanimus

The point of adjusting run speed is that it makes the mobility stat more valuable, and thus makes it a more appealing offset to resilience and recovery.

My Titan typically runs with max resilience and mid level recovery, and yet I have no issue running a fast striker melee type play style with him, primarily using the FWC submachine gun and a pulse rifle for longer range engagements. I've also switched that out for a high impact scout rifle like Frontier Justice, which is one of the slowest TTK primaries in the game. I still win out over Mida and Autos if I make all my shots because the 10 resilience is enough to make up for the higher TTK.

On my Hunter, I have a 4/5 resilience and 8 in mobility. I move a bit faster but I must get the first shots in or I'm going to lose, and so that build I tend to run away far more frequently, ceding map control.

Changing run speed would allow my hunter to compensate for the inability to hold position vs. a tougher build with the ability to get into position first and get the first shot off, or flank with more reliability.

Right now, since both run the same speed I often choose more resilience builds on my gunslinger or nightstalker, since the mobility isn't a huge advantage compared to buying another second of life in an engagement.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread