D2 did make an effort in the strikes (Destiny)

by Durandal, Wednesday, April 04, 2018, 06:29 (2186 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I would agree that D2 made a big effort to try and make strike bosses interesting. D1 largely has the bosses as huge hitpoint sinks that just fire away. Golgoroth, the ogre in the strike on the moon, and Valus T'arc being the most egregious examples. They fire almost constantly, have a stomp if you get near, and are swarming with ads. Forcing people to find cover and snipe from far away.

If I have a complaint in D2, it's that the boss from the Nessus strike that teleports is too aggressive, often running players right off the map. Brackus can get this way as well, if your two teammates are dead he just runs right up and guns you down and there isn't much you can do about it.

Having run the Raid Lair now, I have to say it felt more like the Crota strike, which was fun but not as stringent as KF for positioning, and it involves the whole team somewhat, so no people hiding in the back with rockets.

That Argus battle really makes people move, use their abilities wisely, and change up what weapons are preferred moment to moment. I think that is what makes the game fun. You have pressure, and it's tough, but there is room to handle it your way, and it's not so intimidating about one person screwing up everything because of a lucky Psion blast.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread