Forgiveness (Destiny)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, April 05, 2018, 13:02 (2184 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It's also fun because there's a ton of room to form your own (sometimes wildly less efficient) strategy. When we first did the Raid Lair we got some wrong ideas into our head but pushed forward with them anyway and sorta brute forced our way to victory.

I think that's my favorite thing about the Raid lair... the last 2 encounters, anyway. It's a very technically elaborate pair of encounters, but the more familiar a team becomes with it, the more the strategy tends to narrow down towards "just call it out as it happens, and we'll improvise". We kept finding situations where our strategy wouldn't cover a potential outcome, so we'd need to break from our plan to handle it. Turned out having almost no plan made things flow more easily. But your entire team needs to have a firm grasp on what is happening in order to pull that off.

Agreed! When we played last night during the Mines encounter I was just goofing around (in a helpful kind of way) killing things. We didn't call out positions at the start or anything. Just started it and ran with it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread