It all sounds good! (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Friday, April 06, 2018, 08:18 (2211 days ago) @ cheapLEY

By the way, I'm calling it now. If they return to primary special heavy, within a month the subreddit will complain and say they liked it better before.

I wonder about the community summit. Will it all be twitch streamers? Will they be the well known ones who quit playing? Will they be the ones who still play?

I'm always worried about Bungie listening to the fans, and indeed the streamers who have a strange relationship with the game, as I think most of the decisions I haven't liked have come from those people, at least indirectly. They then immediately turn on themselves.

Even if they find the ones who actually do know what they really want, what's the game?

Are the streamers wanting something that will attract more viewers? That could be bad.

Are streamers who quit playing so much the best people to ask? Every game release, big fans leave and new big fans are created, and that's the nature of the game. Should Bingle have built in warthig jumping to keep Dark Helmet in their games? Probably not.

Are streamers who are STILL playing the best people to ask? Maybe not. If they think a lot of the Destiny community is upset with the game, the gripes of those who play 6 hours a day probably aren't the same as normal peoples', and may even be worse.

Should they listen to Cody Miller? No.

I hope they can navigate this minefield!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread