I liked it a lot! (Off-Topic)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Sunday, May 27, 2018, 17:31 (2161 days ago) @ cheapLEY

It’s about halfway down my “Star Wars” ranking, but that’s more about the impressively high quality of those than anything else. I thought the main cast did great and it was beautifully shot. Like you, I would have preferred a slightly less cookie cutter story, but it was nice to get away from Rebels v Empire storyline. I’d totally be on board with another Solo film, although with the opening weekend as is, it’s probably be a stretch to see it green lit.

I'd actually be okay with another Solo movie, now that all the fan service stuff is dealt with. I'd love to see the adventures of Han and Chewie, with a blank slate to work from.

I was just looking at opening weekend stuff, and I'm surprised. Is it just backlash from folks not liking The Last Jedi? Poor marketing? All the talk about how much trouble the movie was in with extensive reshoots and such?

Probably a little of all of it. I know a number of people who think this film is unnecessary at best/a cash grab at worst, so they’re staying home. Additionally, it was a very competitive weekend, Infinity War and Deadpool are still going strong, eating up some of those dollars.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread