My impressions (Off-Topic)

by Coaxkez, Thursday, May 31, 2018, 10:59 (2155 days ago) @ cheapLEY

7/10. I liked it a lot, but there were some issues, and the whole thing felt very lightweight and inconsequential in the scope of things.

Pros:
- It was a lot of fun.
- It told a relatively simple story about the largely unexplored underworld of the Star Wars universe, which is something I've wanted to see for quite a while.
- The guy who played Han, while never really capturing the essence of Harrison Ford IMO, was good in the role and made it his own.
- Lando was excellent.
- They finally got Chewbacca right, which was great to see especially after they gave him nothing to do in TLJ.
- I know I am in the minority here, at least among the denizens of the Internet, but I liked L-3 and even thought she had one of the funniest moments in the movie.

Cons:
- The pacing was all out of whack. The first act of the movie in particular was B O R I N G and structured oddly. I imagine that is a consequence of the behind-the-scenes drama.
- Darth Maul's return makes sense if you've kept up with the TV shows and side stories, but if you haven't been doing that, the film makes zero attempt to explain why the guy is still alive after being cut in half in The Phantom Menace.
- While I liked the Maul cameo itself, I'm not a huge fan of the impending Marvel-izaton of the series that it portends.
- Where was Boba Fett?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread