Mostly useless (DBO)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, May 30, 2018, 15:37 (2129 days ago) @ Beorn

I guess I’m more just curious as to why it was removed in the first place.

It turned out that most people were just leaving it blank, which meant that it would default to "max light" even if the person wasn't at max.

And generally speaking, after a couple months into a release, it's a useless stat anyway because most everyone is at (or near) the cap. The only real time that it's of use is right now, in the month or two after a release while everyone is gaining power at different rates. And if it's important to the team, you can just put your Light level into the Comments field...

Well, I miss it. I concede that to the extent it's of any interest at all, it might be more interesting to people who regularly use FTB to publicly recruit from the community. That's a tiny minority for all I know.

(My long-standing goal that I just haven't had time to dig into is to integrate the Bungie.net API and have the system automatically pull your Guardian's info when you're singing up for an event. That way you can just select the specific character that you're going to run with and that character's info will just appear.)

That sounds awesome!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread