Destiny 2 Update 1.2.3 Patch Notes (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 12:53 (2081 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

• Upon capturing a third zone, all three zones lock for 20 seconds.
  • After 20 seconds, all three zones reset to neutral and must be recaptured.

Oh. ._.

I think this is a pretty good change. Power Plays can quickly make a close game not-close. The vast majority of times I've seen one in an IB game, it's taken a game where the losing team had a chance... and moved it into the 'not gonna come back... ever' category. (Only a couple of times have I seen a losing team actually catch up because of a Power Play. If you're good enough to take - and hold - three zones, you're good enough that you're not usually losing in the first place.)

This still gives teams a bonus for doing a difficult thing... but it's up to you to capitalize on that bonus. (And if you're winning, and you let the opposing team grab all the zones, you better play REALLY well for the next 20 seconds, or you'll pay for your carelessness.)

Dunno. Sounds fun to me.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's no doubt a blast. I play with randoms 95% of the time, so every now and again I get matched with a group that wants to play slayer and totally ignores the objective.

Those do not tend to be fun games.

I play a lot with randoms, too. (Played 15 matches or so yesterday, on my own.) I suppose I've seen that - but not terribly often. Not sure how you think this change makes it worse, though. (In fact, it should make it better.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread