Disagree

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, February 17, 2013, 22:03 (4085 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I don't understand the point of criticizing the tip of an iceberg when you can't look under the water yet...

What I'm saying should be absolutely positively uncontroversial. If you can only play on official servers, and if those official servers have rules (which they will), then it necessarily follows that you are more limited in how you can play versus a game that also lets you play in a place where you can make your own rules. Disprove this. You can't, because it's airtight.

Who cares how much or how little Bungie's rules clash with how you personally want to play? The point is, that it's necessarily and by its very nature limiting players into only playing in ways that Bungie officially endorses.

I care. Yes, more rules by mathematical definition equals less freedom. But if I'm 100% free to play how I choose then I will be happy. If I'm not then I'll be unhappy and might even come to this community and share my unhappiness in a respectful and constructive way. Right now you have no idea what rules there will be yet you criticize anyway… And it's getting annoying.

In my eyes you're being quite the nuisance around here. Not 24 hours have passed and you're already coming around with your absolutely positively this, and your I will tell you if it will suck or not that. I enjoy good debates as much or more than the next person, but you're not trying to debate, or offer up constructive criticism. You're trying to be antagonistic. And worse you're doing it with, as previously mentioned, next to no data about this new game to back you up.

I, as many of us have said, am thrilled to get in on the ground floor of a new Bungie game and community. It's my first one I get to see from the very beginning. I look forward to enjoying the game with the rest of this community. I am not, however, happy that you've made the jump over from HBO. Not if you're going to continue posting like this. Criticism is fine, even welcome. But not in the first 24 hours. Not when you have next to no information about what the game will be like.

I guess I'll end with a question to you. Would you please tone down this… whatever it is you call what you do… around here at least until you have solid facts about what Destiny is and isn't? Let us get this community started on a positive note, without your constant trolling and holier than thou criticisms? I have no authority to ask it, no incentive that I can offer you, except that it would make me, and others I think, happier.

… and that's all I have to say about that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread