Why did Y1 armor get left behind? (Criticism)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, September 15, 2018, 23:00 (2049 days ago)

Not to continue to be negative (seriously, I am loving Forsaken! Having an absolute blast!), but I can't wrap my head around this.

It seems like a pretty common complaint is that Destiny 2 doesn't have enough gear variety. Knowing that, why would they willingly leave all of the old armor behind and effectively remove half the total armor sets in the game from relevance? Why didn't they just add random rolls to the old sets and add them to the relevant loot pools? Why didn't they add random rolls to the the planetary vendor gear so there would actually be a reason to turn in planetary materials? I would totally chase a new EDZ set with random rolls for my Titan, and a new Titan set for my Hunter.

They could have kept the seasonal ornaments locked away for the folks that earned them during the appropriate season (and let them be applied to new drops of the base armor with random rolls).

It seems like it would have been a really easy way to basically double the amount of relevant gear for Forsaken without actually having to design and model new sets.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread