I thought destination sets still existed? (Criticism)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, September 17, 2018, 06:41 (2020 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The Tangled Shore set is literally just the old Prison of Elders set. The new Vanguard set is mostly just the Mercury set.

I don’t disagree Raga, that this is probably the most gear added in a single expansion. That’s great! But keeping old sets relevant by adding random rolls would be even better! It feels like a no-brainer, especially for a game that always has the complaint of not enough gear. They could have easily doubled the amount of relevant armor by adding random rolls to old sets.

I’m not complaining so much as just trying to understand. What happened to expansions being completely additive, rather than leaving large parts of the base game behind? We’re certainly in a better place than what happened to Y1 gear in Destiny 1, but still.

Maybe It's just me, but I thought all of the destination sets still exist. I was grabbing stuff from Sloan on Titan and I'm pretty sure she was dropping her original set. I never checked it cause I think that that set looks like trash on my titan, so I can't confirm :D

They do. They just don’t have perks, so why would anyone use them?

Yeah, I never checked. That's odd they didn't at least add rolls to them. Unless this expansion is a line in the sand for future things coming out. Making sure to deprecate the old stuff.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread