I thought destination sets still existed? (Criticism)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, September 17, 2018, 06:54 (2038 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah, I never checked. That's odd they didn't at least add rolls to them. Unless this expansion is a line in the sand for future things coming out. Making sure to deprecate the old stuff.

It seems like it is. But why? This is a game that has complaints about not enough gear since day one.

Has it? I've never had a problem with it. I mean, sure more is better (sometimes), but I don't feel like it's bringing the game down.

I can see not bringing every gun forward—maybe adding random rolls and making sure those work with the base stats of every gun would be a lot of work. But adding rolls to old armor and keeping it all in the loot pool seems like a no-brainer.

I mean, to me there are two kinds of armor
1. armor that has custom perks on them (raid stuff)
2. armor that has set perks

For the first stuff, they don't need random perks and if you want to use those perks they are usually specific to an activity that is already low light at this point where you don't need to bring them forward.

the second stuff is doesn't need to be brought forward to give people more options in being powerful, because they will just have the same perk rolls as the current forsaken armor. It's really about how you want to look like. And the only reason I can see in Bungie making some looks obsolete is that they really want you to check out the new stuff or they will be adding more destination armor.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread