Left behind? (Criticism)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, September 16, 2018, 00:31 (2050 days ago) @ cheapLEY

My guess would be... because they were busy elsewhere? Two new Destinations of significant size and scope, for starters. And then, even on the armor and weapons fronts I can count quite a few new set. Off the top of my head I get this for new armor sets:

Tangled Shore set
Scorn set
New Vanguard set
New Crucible set
Prodigal / Dreaming City set
Reverie Dawn / Dreaming City set
New Iron Banner set
Gambit set
(And maybe a Raid set?)

Weapons might be a bit more limited (and I probably don't have as good a handle on what's available) but I can count:

Tangled Shore set
Awoken set
New Vanguard set
New Crucible set
Gambit set
(And maybe a Raid set?)

I hear you on wishing there was even more... I miss the D1 days where every expansion meant the vendors got new gear and I got to read new sets of weapon descriptions... but I think an actual counting would probably yield a lot more weapon and armor than we at first realize got put in. Given that for a long time D1's new guns were mostly reskins of old guns with the perks remixed... I would even hazard a guess that Forsaken brought more actually new items than any other expansion since Destiny 1's launch.

That, and there's nothing wrong with using Year 1 guns and armor. Sure, it mean missing out on little bumps to various things, but... for instance... I really like the combo of my ACD/0 Feedback Fence and my similarly Rasputin themed Midnight Exigent Greaves. The only reason I'm using Go Figure instead of my classic Eystein-D is because Go Figure's base stats are significantly better in multiple categories.

Also, keep in mind that the next DLC is the Black Armory and is all about adding new weapons to the D2 sandbox. We're getting both whatever fancy weapons the new group provides us, but we're also getting Heavy Machine Guns back. And they already all but straight up said Thunderlord is returning with that quick tease of it being reloaded.

All in all, the longer I thought about it, the more sure I became that we probably got more with this release than any other in Destiny's history.

(Now... me and Zavala need to have a talk about him handing out a set of Mobility armor. You are a Titan. Go back to heavy armor! :p)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread