Because of who is getting a cut of the Silver Transactions. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 28, 2018, 20:36 (2037 days ago) @ Korny

But that is something trackable. Silver-based purchases are locked to platform, and Silver Dust doesn’t transfer between accounts.

It couldn't work like that. They can't lock Eververse stuff to platform. What happens when I take my character to PS4 and I'm using Eververse shaders? Keep in mind, those can be bought with Bright Dust, which means real money. What if the ship I'm using is Eververse? Exotic ornaments? Armor set? You end up taking a character over with bunch of unusable items equipped. Now how does the game handle that? Automatically unequip it? Vault it? Does it even show up if it's something I can't use?

If you lock Eververse to the platform it was purchased on, half the shit in the game can't be transferred.

Both sides would probably still just be better off to just let it ride. If I was going to make a Silver purchase, I'd just do it on whatever console I happened to playing on at that particular time (assuming that all just stays with your character between platforms). It's not like I'd take the time to log out of my PS4, turn on my Xbox, load up the game, then make a Silver purchase and buy whatever items I wanted. I bet it would mostly even out if they just let that go.

Fortnite doesn't lock purchased cosmetics to platform, as far as I know. If I buy a skin on Xbox, if I fire it up on Switch or PC, I still have those cosmetics.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread