Remaining Player(s) > Quitter/Drop-Out (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, October 05, 2018, 13:37 (2080 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If I had my way:

-You get one quit per week for free. Things happen. I get it. Just join in someone else ASAP.
-After that you lose infamy, and if you quit enough you get a week ban from the playlist.
-If someone who is not on your fireteam or party chat quits, then losing will not reset your streak. This encourages people to continue since the game is 'free'. The fireteam / party requirement is so you can't co-ordinate to quit if you are losing.

Ultimately this is the same as what Bungie has done; "Punish" the quitter, at the cost of the Player. There is too much focus on those who quit. Focus on those who are left who don't want to.

I've been thinking that ... I don't know... % percent buff to health & quarter of that % on damage per dropped player, per number of players against the max team count Vs the number of players on the other team. Make it so that the pure numbers disadvantage is evened out. Some Pure math-a-magic to make it so that 1 V 4 doesn't feel utterly hopeless. A mercy over shield, if you will. Glowing and everything.

MATH!

-If you join a game, it should not reset your streak if you lose (I think they did this already?)

There you go.

Yep.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread