The loop (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 10:40 (2010 days ago) @ Oholiab

Loop in the Dreaming City?

I’m so far behind that I have no idea about which you speak!

Seriously, though... can you give me some context? Spoilers are acceptable.

As a more general response to your inquiry about the Loop in the Dreaming City --

The Dreaming City is on a three-week cycle. When Forsaken launched, the Dreaming City was under threat of a taken corruption that was drastically intensified when the first raid team defeated Riven (the last known Ahamkara) in the Last Wish Raid - wherein it turns out Riven's wish was actually to be killed, and upon her death a curse was released upon the dreaming city. As I understand it, one aspect of that curse is that the whole area is in a time loop. Each week the corruption gets stronger, until after the third week in the cycle where it "resets" to being a low-corruption week.

We are currently in a high-corruption week. The high-corruption week has some accompanying events, such as getting to visit Mara Sov upon completing your weekly Offering to the Oracle; the availability of The Shattered Throne (a new activity referred to as a "dungeon" which is basically a 1-3 person mini-raid and which comes with a quest-line for the exotic Wish-Ender bow); and also the highest chances for the Ascendant Primeval Servitor (which looks much like the Voice of Riven you defeated in the Forsaken main campaign) to spawn in Gambit matches, which rewards the winning team with the start of the quest for the Malfeasance exotic hand cannon.

Next Tuesday we will be back to a low-corruption week. If you pay attention to the dialog when talking to Petra and some of her Corsairs, it is apparent that they are aware of the loop that they are caught in due to Riven's "Last Wish" curse.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread