On the Gambit thing (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 13:58 (2016 days ago) @ Xenos

I wasn't referring to the increased-increased chances that are coming with that patch -- just the fact that the "high corruption" week has already had a higher chance that the low- and mid-corruption weeks. They're just going to be making that spawn rate even better on the 30th.

Do you have a quote on that? I never saw anything saying it has a better chance during high corruption, just the note in the TWAB saying it WILL have a better chance during full curse week.

Admittedly, my primary source is my buddy Peter who is one of the main designers of Gambit... During that first week that the Ascendant Primeval Servitor (aka "the Meatball") was spawning with the quest, he explained that the chance would be much higher in full-curse weeks than non-full curse weeks.

I could have sworn I saw something on bungie.net or at least a tweet from one of the community managers or Gambit designers about it around that same time. When they announced the tweaks they will be implementing at the end of the month, they did also say:

During week three of the curse cycle, also known as a full-curse week, the Ascendant Primeval Servitor will have almost the same chance to spawn as any other Primeval. We will also be increasing the chance for the boss to spawn during lesser-curse weeks, but it will still be lower than during a full-curse week (emphasis added)

-- which only really makes sense with the understanding that it was already a higher chance during full-curse weeks.

Also, I'll note that guides on how to get the quest -- such as this one -- say things like:

"it's worth noting its appearance will be higher every third week as the 'curse' grips The Dreaming City as its highest."

So even though I can't recall every "official" source on the subject, it obviously has some level of "common knowledge".

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread