Okay, this ain't reddit, but... (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, October 18, 2018, 13:22 (2010 days ago) @ Speedracer513

The Dreaming City is on a three-week cycle. When Forsaken launched, the Dreaming City was under threat of a taken corruption that was drastically intensified when the first raid team defeated Riven (the last known Ahamkara) in the Last Wish Raid - wherein it turns out Riven's wish was actually to be killed, and upon her death a curse was released upon the dreaming city. As I understand it, one aspect of that curse is that the whole area is in a time loop. Each week the corruption gets stronger, until after the third week in the cycle where it "resets" to being a low-corruption week.

...but I love the concept of 'Explain like I'm 5' sometimes.

So I'm all fine with a time loop that cycles every three weeks... but can you explain to me how WE are outside that loop?

Our surroundings (and our enemies) are looping... but we are continuing in our normal advance. We KNOW about the loop, we REMEMBER completing the loop, we live OUTSIDE the loop.

But nothing else in the Dreaming City (that's not a Guardian or an Awoken) does.

Nobody I've talked to (Petra, Mara, Shuro Chi) is stuck in the loop, either - but none of them have explained why not (that I can remember).

Can someone clear this up for me?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread