Side note: a trick for increasing your Valor rank (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, October 22, 2018, 09:29 (2063 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I did pick up a little tip this week which proved to be invaluable for me in terms of building my Valor rank quickly, which is a big part of the Redrix Broadsword quest (the final quest step requires resetting your valor rank 5 times before the end of the season).

The trick involves this:

* Play quickplay/Iron Banner and win games until you build up a 5-game win streak (any streak is better than none, but obviously aim for 5 if you can).

* Then, switch over to the Competitive playlist. As of this season, Competitive matches earn both Valor and Glory points.

* Here's the real trick: wins in the Competitive playlist will maintain your Valor win streak bonus, but losses in the competitive playlist will not end your Valor streak.

* This means you can play Competitive all week long, and reap the benefits of a 5-win streak Valor bonus at the end of every single match, win or lose.

Thanks to this trick combined with the double and triple valor points last week, I'm already close to my 6th Valor reset in season 4, despite the fact that I've been playing mostly competitive all week and losing plenty of games (I was at 2 resets this time last week). More directly, it has allowed me to make great progress towards both the Redrix and Luna quests at the same time, which is nice.

Hope that helps!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread