So, I think this is it. I think I'm Destiny-ed out. (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 04, 2018, 17:19 (1966 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

Alright. I feel better now that I've ranted and vented. Someone can tell me I'm wrong. Either way, I really am starting to feel like my Titan has run her course. I had good times, and I'm sure I'll still have more, and I certainly got my money's worth, but I have serious doubts I can be convinced to drop any more money into this title.

You're… not wrong.

The leveling system in Forsaken is the number one thing that has soured the game so much for me. Even while playing the campaign I was constantly under leveled, because for some reason even the progression of light through the campaign is too high. Were they expecting me to take a break and diddle daddle around? I want to play the story…

Then there is the raid which I never got to do blind and still haven't finished. This one coming up will undoubtedly be no different. And to me this hurts the most.

You have to finish FORTY strikes for the fusion rifle. That's 10 hours minimum of just strikes which don't give you helpful rewards. Who has time for that?!

Then probably more than 10 hours to get the grenade launcher from Shaxx…

This is what happens when the game is more concerned with the time you spend playing rather than making the time you spend valuable. It's the opposite of streamlining the game for maximum fun per second. It's the opposite of making a good game. It's why even though Forsaken is Destiny at its "best", I have played it with the least frequency. It baffles me why they hide the good stuff behind bullshit.

I mean, let us 'bank' rewards for fuck's sake. At least then if you don't play a week you can not fall behind permanently. Wipe the bank clean between seasons if you have to but there are so many things that could be done that are player friendly that just aren't.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread