I can respect that. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, December 04, 2018, 17:20 (1941 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

I completely understand where you're coming from. I really do. I was notably frustrating with the grind while trying to gear up for Last Wish. I still am not a fan of the soft cap stuff and milestones. Just let us play what we want and get drops like we used to be able to in the first Destiny.

That said . . .

The annual pass was explicitly stated to be end-game focused. It is not meant for the folks that play for a bit, then dip out for something else. It's meant for the people that play week after week, that have been at the light level cap for weeks now and need the next thing to go after.

That's not an excuse for whatever faults the new content has. I'm downloading the update right now, so I haven't seen it yet, but I've been on reddit a bit today. I'll admit to being a bit disappointed--I knew we weren't getting a campaign or anything like that, but I was expecting a bit more of a splash of new stuff on launch day. I think it's a bit silly to put the first new thing you can do out of reach until you grind more of the old content--it just doesn't seem like a smart way to introduce new stuff.

I'm still hopeful overall, though, and I still don't think this is a bad direction to go. At the end of the day, I think it's smart for them to focus on the people that do play Destiny week after week, at providing more end-game activities.

I understand how silly it is to even say this, but Destiny becomes much, much more fun if you let the light level stuff go. It's hard to do, I know, because the game locks so much cool stuff behind high light level requirements. But that stuff isn't going anywhere. I did my first Shattered Throne lase week! It was still awesome and exciting, even though I was two and a half months late. Destiny is better if you just play it when you feel like playing it, and play the aspects of it that you want to, rather than whatever is most efficient for light level progression. It's counter-intuitive, but it's a whole lot better, and a lot less stressful.

Maybe I'm just lucky, in that I really enjoy every part of the Destiny sandbox, so, even when I just play whatever I feel like, or whatever everyone else is doing and needs extra players for, I'm making good progress towards something.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread