Yeah :( (Criticism)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, December 20, 2018, 11:17 (1925 days ago) @ Cody Miller

For the most part I agree with everything you said. I find myself in a weird loop of technicalities with the game. Mental hurdles that I can't get over. Mechanically, I still think Destiny is the best feeling, best looking, best handling game out there. The worlds are vast and vibrant full of enemies and activites. No shortage of options and things to do...yet it all seems pointless. One of my biggest torts is telling people "...how 'bout you just play it because it's fun!" yet I get discouraged by how long it takes me to earn anything worthwhile.

To me, it SEEMED like Destiny 1 satisfied everyone. Yes, many people had critiques and complaints, but for the most part, everyone across the board was happy with it.

To me, it SEEMS like Destiny 2 has just been a divisive little bastard breaking players into two groups. Casuals and hardcores, and somehow managing to alienate both groups. So it SEEMS in an effort to appease someone, they are leaning more towards the hardcores. I fall into the casuals category, so it feels like I'm being left behind.

BUT! That's ok. If Bungie is wanting to take the game in a new direction, I hope they succeed. That would make this current micro-era "growing pains" that will eventually work out. I just need to change my mental expectation towards Destiny. It's no longer the game I can pick up as I please, play, have fun and still stay in a competitive range of progression. It's now just a game I pick up on occasion, play for a bit, then eventually move on to something else.

I can't change the game, so I just need to change my view point and attitude. And that's a tough mental hurdle to leap.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread