+1 (Criticism)

by Avateur @, Friday, December 21, 2018, 14:36 (1951 days ago) @ ManKitten

I agree with pretty much all of it, but I would argue that I'm in the hardcore group. I got the DLC pre-Forsaken and said no more. I haven't even finished all of it. I loved the first Raid Lair, haven't attempted the second, and am done giving Bungie my money. No real story to speak of, no respect for player time, and the game as a whole feels pretty soulless. Has that Halo 4 feel to it. Had a blast with D1 and enjoyed D2's launch, but there are just so many other way better games out there. Been loving my Switch a lot lately.

It's nothing personal against Bungie, either. They're stuck in whatever contract hell with Activision and that's that. Hopefully #Codywaswrong with his thoughts on whatever game they have coming in the future with their new deals, but I'm pretty done with Destiny at this point aside from occasionally coming around to murder people in Crucible. And even that got too easy and mundane. Felt like I was just going through the motions. No real fun. Others enjoy it, though, so hey. Maybe some day Destiny will be worth my time again. That time is not right now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread