They finally got it (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, January 14, 2019, 11:54 (1929 days ago) @ Kermit

Looks like the final puzzle was solved. It drops an exotic ghost and an emblem. Might be fun to give it a try sometime (with the solution ready of course).

I didn’t dig into it, but I saw something about clues not being shown correctly or something?

Yeah. The last part required shooting symbols with a weapon that couldn't actually see the symbols. There was supposed to be a line about something "unseen" that somehow didn't make it into the game.

-Disciple

I take back my congratulatory post about "stumping the hive mind." It's a shame that a regular play space was hidden behind a flawed implementation of a puzzle. I do like the idea of puzzles that are not solved or even discovered right away, but maybe those kinds of things should be reserved for special gear.

To be fair, the clue wasn't 100% necessary. I didn't follow the whole thing, but the gist I got from the wrap-up was that one of the clues they DID have showed the symbols for the three houses that made the three weapons that have been used to see and shoot the symbols so far, but the symbols were pictured with elements that didn't match those weapons. Some people watching the streams suggested using a solar weapon to shoot they symbols you could only see with the void machine gun, but some streamers thought they had already tried that and, because of the insane amount of time lost for each failure, they understandably didn't want to try something they believed someone else had already proven was wrong.

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread