It gets better... (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, February 15, 2019, 18:57 (1887 days ago) @ Korny

It's a comparison that everyone here is probably tired of hearing about, but I can't help but think about Warframe.

I saw Steve Sinclair's tweets yesterday about combining the shooting and sword modes of Warframe (which looks fucking awesome), and explaining about why that means the dedicated block button had to be left behind. Bungie would have probably just not even commented on that, much less explained it, and then when questioned about, they'd say it didn't line up with their goals for the game and never talked about it again.

I get that letting fans into design decisions isn't always the right move to make, as too many people take mentions of any sort of plans or features as explicit promises of them. But sometimes letting fans in and actually explaining the process is the right thing, and might actually lead to a little understanding about why things we want aren't feasible, or why they might take longer than we want. Why Bungie finds that so difficult is baffling to me.

And, look, if they don't actually want to communicate with us, I genuinely understand that, and I can even respect it. If the end of the discussion is Bungie saying "We make games the way we want to make them, simple as that," I would respect that and never say another word.

But if they're going to continue to pretend like they're giving us actual conversations while actually giving us vague nonsense, I'm going to continue to bitch about it. They can't pretend to be effectively communicating with the community while also actually saying precisely nothing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread