It gets better... (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, February 15, 2019, 19:24 (1890 days ago) @ Korny

Yes, that's a perfect example.

That player may hate the new system and abandon the game because of it. That would be unfortunate, but, ultimately, the developers are the ones that are making the game--they get to make what they want.

But, hopefully, that player will at least understand why the change was made, what they were trying to accomplish, and why, ultimately the game will no longer be something that player might enjoy.

If Trials isn't coming back, fine. That sucks, but there is potentially a good reason for it. I would love to actually know what that reason is, though. And I'd like to know if there's any real chance that Trials will come back in the foreseeable future, or will it be D3 before we see it again. Bungie is really good about not taking anything off the table, but then not actually doing anything.

Look at SRL. I understand why it's not in the game. Seems like, at the end of the day, not that many people really engaged with it, and it doesn't make sense to put the resources into it. Fine. Say that instead of being coy about it. Players will understand that, if they actually state it in plain language.

Anyway, I'm done ranting, I guess. I love Destiny still. I'm eager to see what we're going to get in Season of the Drifter (although it's going to have to be good to compete with Apex right now). I just get frustrated at this so-called "communication." Either actually be open, or quit bothering, because the thing they're doing now isn't benefiting anyone and feels like a colossal waste of everybody's time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread