Trials of Osiris/The Nine are effectively dead. Poop. (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, February 21, 2019, 07:17 (1892 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I don't get it..... the original version of trials of Osiris was amazing?

Sometimes things do not require iteration or changes, just literally bring back trials, 3v3, the way it was in D1.

I don't understand why people think that they can actually bring back trials the way it was in D1. Destiny as we have it right now is a completely different beast. You can just tack on D1 Trials to D2 crucible. It just doesn't work that way...

I wouldn’t expect it to be exactly like D1, but I would love to try it. It would very likely be preferable to scrapping the mode completely, IMO.

If I had to guess, I’d say that a motivating factor that hasn’t been mentioned is that they’re probably worried that reintroducing Trias wold cannibalize what’s left of the Comp player base. The comp playlist is already a train wreck due largely to low population. Trials might exacerbate that issue.

All good points. But what about any of the lore attached to the Nine, and the Emissary? Huge loose ends, that were never particularly well-defined in the first place.

Maybe they just didn't want to keep flirting with the canon endgame.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread