y u do dis bungie (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, March 14, 2019, 13:42 (1863 days ago) @ ManKitten

Oh, don't get me wrong. I mostly agree with you. Bungie is fucking awful at giving players direction and explaining things, full stop.

The Escalation Protocol stuff is an example that I've mentioned a few times. Having to google what weapons have a possibility of dropping on any given week is asinine. I can't actually recall how (or even if) the game really explains the key system. I don't think it does, it mostly requires the player to read the item description and visit Ana and figure it out.

The Dreaming City stuff is all fine, I think--that's sort of the point of that area. It can be frustrating, for sure, but I think it works there, for whatever reason. I'm okay with hidden mechanics and having to figure things out, it's mostly just that they don't explain the day-to-day "How does this work?" at all. They don't even teach players how Gambit works! Those pop-ups don't count--no one wants to read that shit in the middle of a firefight. It's literally the worst way I could think of to try and teach someone how that game mode works.

Bungie needs to hire people that actually know how to tutorialize things, because they just flat out suck at it.

It's almost like they could add some sort of . . .oh, I dunno, Quest screen that keeps track of all this shit and gives players some direction. Nah, that' probably wouldn't work . . .

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread