But How Is That Fair? (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 09:08 (1836 days ago) @ Morpheus

Two secondaries isn't going to work out unless all of your armor pieces have secondary ammo finder (or similar) perks. Personally I try to use a primary weapon, a secondary weapon (used sparingly for Majors mostly), and then run a bunch of Heavy Ammo finder perks so I almost always have heavies available when someone invades and/or for the Primeval. Bungie has tuned the ammo economy to ensure that you almost have to play with these perks because otherwise people who played with them would have too much heavy/secondary ammo.

I get that having two specials will clash, but they're still there for a reason--to serve as a choice or an option. How unfair would it be when if a player selected a certain game mode, a bunch of their weapons and armor suddenly greyed out and were not allowed in their activity just because?

I run with Jotunn most of the time, these days. I have at least 2 Fusion Rifle Scavengers and one FR Reserve perk, and (usually) one Special Ammo Finder perk to help with this. (I almost never run out of ammo. In fact, when people who play with me hear "I'm REALLY low on special ammo right now", it usually means I have less than 5 shots.)

Your armor in that game had exactly one FR Scavenger perk, no Special Ammo Finders, and no Shotgun Scavenger perks. I'm not surprised at all that you were tight on ammo. (I will echo Korny, though, in saying that if you're not exaggerating, getting 33 kills with those two weapons with NO spawned ammo at all is pretty frickin' impressive. Nearly unbelievable, even.)

You've got a couple of choices, as I see it: you can play the (sort of odd) loadout you've chosen to play, if you're willing to put the time in to find armor that will make it feasible... or you can swap out one of your overpowered guns for a primary of SOME flavor, so that you have more ammo for it without having to customize your armor. What you can't really do is complain that Bungie doesn't allow you to run with two specials without any limits.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread