The Consistency of Destiny (Gaming)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, April 08, 2019, 14:15 (1816 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That’s all fair.

I didn’t mean to imply that I’m disappointed that I’m not playing Destiny. Quite the opposite. Destiny asks for too much of my time to keep up, to progress far enough to do the stuff I want to do. I’ve still only done Tier 1 Reckoning. I just don’t want to grind milestones to be able to do higher tiers. I was playing Comp for the weapons, but, more importantly, because I was having a lot of fun doing it. But Bungie apparently doesn’t think that’s a worthy activity for leveling up, and it sucks. So I’d have had to stop playing the activity I actually wanted to play to go redo the same shit I’ve been doing for six months already to power up enough to do the other new content that’s interesting. It’s completely disrespectful of my time, and ultimately just not worth it.

Apex, on the other hand, only requires that I play enough to get better, to learn the map and the weapons. There is no grinding to power up so that I’m actually allowed to play. I can just hop on and play.

This is the same reason I'm playing a lot of Apex lately. I jumped back into D2 for the season of the drifter and I got burned out really quickly because I'm back to the same power-grind that I used to have. I like the Invitations of the Nine quest thing for the story bits, but I give up on it. First, I ended up completing the second week too late (ie Monday or Tuesday) so I couldn't actually pick up week three on the weekend and now I'm behind (thankfully I can catch back up if I like when Xur is around - I just have to wait 7 days or so for the next one). More importantly though, I find grinding the kills and doing the strike to be boring. Non-raid PvE just isn't that exciting to me anymore. Especially when it's like my 10 millionth time doing the strike.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread