Interesting. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 05, 2019, 18:04 (1693 days ago) @ bluerunner

Let's get the bummer out of the way:

We want to create some variety in the PvP experience from Season to Season, and one way we’re doing that is to bench some maps for the Season. While they’re out of rotation, if time allows we also hope to improve how they play by tweaking spawn areas, ammo spawns, and overall structure so they return better than before. The first four to be removed from all playlists are:

• Dead Cliffs
  • Legion’s Gulch
  • Retribution
  • Solitude

Removing maps sucks (except for Retribution--kill that map for good and bury it deep). I like those other three maps quite a bit. The spawns definitely need work on all of them, but that doesn't necessitate removing them from rotation (especially as some other maps that aren't being removed are far worse).

I'm just not a fan of removing content for the sake of making one three month period feel different from the next.

Strangely, I'm okay with the season activity and artifact going away. I'm not really sure what the difference is.

The new maps looks neat. I'm all for smart reuse of assets, and this looks at least partly like an existing Infinite Forest tiles used as part of a Crucible map. I like some of those tiles quite a bit, and they could make for interesting PvP areas, so I'm all for it.

The playlist changes sound great. Can't wait to play Survival. Having Glory floors is interesting.

I'm confused about Glory a bit, though. Is it a skill indicator, or a ladder to be climbed? I'm not sure it can effectively be both without making people feel needlessly shitty and frustrated.

The new streak system sounds good. Just losing one block off your win streak on a loss instead of having it wipe completely is great.

The new armor all looks great. The Phenotype set is great, I love the raid armor, and the Iron Banner set is the first IB set that actually looks good in D2 so far.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread