infinite power grind (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, September 19, 2019, 10:20 (1680 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Nah. The power grind can be deeply frustrating, I won’t deny that. The rest of the game is still so fun that the grind is worth enduring, in the increasingly rare case that does become almost unbearably annoying. It is easier than ever to climb that ladder. While that does not necessarily excuse it, it does weigh that equation in such a way that Destiny is a worthwhile experience on its own terms.

I’ve been there. I stopped playing after The Taken King. Completely missed Rise of Iron (except for picking it up shortly before D2 released). While I didn’t necessarily miss playing at the time, and I don’t regret the break, I do feel like I missed a cool time in Destiny. Maybe that in itself is a problem, and it seems they’re really pushing that angle even more now.

For many of us, Destiny isn’t something we wish to be free of.

I spent the last two nights playing Iron Banner with DBO. All we really did was lose spectacularly and bitch about how absolutely broken Crucible is. Anyone listening would have surely wondered why we were even playing. It was still an absolute blast. I can’t wait to do it again tonight. (:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread