I've been thinking about this a lot (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, September 23, 2019, 11:20 (1668 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I would tend to agree, but at the beginning of this season they had an hour long quest that bumped you to effectively the previous cap. I can totally see them just making that automatic moving forward. Not that they just bump all gear, but I can see the new season coming with a full set of blue gear at the previous cap so everyone starts on an even playing field and no one has to play catch up to even start the new season.

Mac--You are right that it is the beginning of New Light. However, they have also said that going forward you can always play the new end-game content right when it comes out, even if you didn't play before.

So what this meant with "old Destiny" was that you had to play through Mars & mercury before you could play Forsaken, for both story reasons and required power level reasons. You couldn't play the base campaign and be power level 300 (or whatever it was) and expect to damage any enemies in Forsaken.

To be more clear: if they continue to bump up the required power level for each season, and you can play any new content without playing old content, there has to be a way to get a brand new player to that starting power level.

So perhaps cheapLEY is right--there will be an easy way to bump up an entire loadout to the required-power-level kit at the start of each season.

In that regard, I thought they were mostly referring to the fact that non of the seasons were required of each other, like you said, you don't have to play one season before the doing another. They called this basically a la carte. But I still don't recall them ever saying that you light level will be bumped with each season. I could be wrong (I'm more wrong then I like to admit), but that just what I remember.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread