Ah, capitalism and communism, hand in hand (Criticism)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, October 08, 2019, 20:12 (1660 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by cheapLEY, Tuesday, October 08, 2019, 20:18

Dude, c'mon. Don't even pretend like it was easy to quit playing Destiny. If it was, you'd have done it the first time you said you were going to three fucking years ago.

I'm not ragging on you. Seriously, good for you for not supporting shit you don't agree with. I've also not played Detroit. I won't let microtransactions stop me from playing The Last of Us 2, either.

I'm curious where you draw the line though. There pretty credible accusations of harassment at Naughty Dog, but you've not mentioned that, despite it being your reason for boycott of Detroit.

I'm not trying to start some argument, I'm genuinely curious.

These things aren't black and white. I wouldn't ever do anything that gives David Cage money--he seems like an irredeemable shitheel. But that's also punishing a lot of other people who are just doing their jobs and making a game. Maybe some of them deserve to be punished, too, for not standing up or for even joining in on what seems like a really terrible workplace culture, but I'm sure lots of them are just normal people trying to get by.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread