Ah, capitalism and communism, hand in hand (Criticism)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, October 09, 2019, 09:36 (1623 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Not enough to engage with everything else involved with the game?

That's not really fair. There are many things we may want to do but our morals stop us. Everyone has a line they draw.

I will say in the global economy of which we are all a part, moral purity is not possible, and you have to pick your battles. Microtransactions are bad, but weigh that against Bungie creating a kick-ass game that shines above others in several ways, employing lots of talent and bringing a lot of joy to many all the while.

I'm not a fan of boycotts--although I understand the often-good motives behind them. I'd rather win people over with arguments than organize a mob to punish people. I admire Cody for talking about issues like this. Spreading the word moves the needle toward better behavior. Bad publicity is almost as bad as taking a financial hit because the former can easily lead to the latter. It harms the brand. So the bad publicity might not be enough for me to decide not to buy Detroit straight up, but it might make me hesitate, which is enough to allow some other bauble to catch my eye so that I forget about Detroit.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread