Ah, capitalism and communism, hand in hand (Criticism)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, October 10, 2019, 10:39 (1621 days ago) @ Kermit

On the other side, I saw this bit of satire related to which businesses we boycott and why and the relative, often incompatible reasoning behind boycotting one business but still enjoying the goods and services of objectively worse businesses.

WORLD—A grim report indicated Wednesday that the count of people murdered by known hate group Chick-fil-A has risen to 0 this year.

While previous years saw counts averaging 0 and sometimes going in the negative as Chick-fil-A employees saved the lives of their customers, this year the count has skyrocketed to 0. Critics are claiming the company's strong and pervasive culture of hate is contributing to the expanding number of deaths.

"Chick-fil-A is poisoning our cities, killing people by the zeros," said Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. "We do not welcome hate in our country, and neither should any other countries, eh?"

He then had to go address a 76th blackface photo that had emerged.

Reporters and journalists have demanded an answer from Chick-fil-A, but so far spokespeople have only responded with, "My pleasure."

Meanwhile, Apple just pulled multiple apps helping people in Hong Kong maintain their right not to be secretly shipped over to China to be imprisoned or whatever.

It’s a complicated world... one where boycotting every single injustice would leave us without food, power, technology, etc. Personally, I think this stuff with China is a much larger and more widespread issue that will continue to get much worse before it gets better. :(

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread