Sorry Bungie, your quest tracking still blows. (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, October 10, 2019, 09:41 (1659 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I've thought for a long time that something I think Bungie could learn from is the way Guild Wars 2 handles area specific quests. (Or used to, it's been a few years since I've played that)

If you enter an area that contains a "bounty" then you see that as available. When you start meeting objectives, it gives you that bounty automatically. Sometimes, upon completion, you don't have to turn it in, you just get rewards. Other times, when quest chains start, or for lore/story reasons, you turn them in to get the next "step" or piece of dialog.

Even if I could pick up bounties from within the director from anywhere (like the store for example?), it would be a major improvement. That way I could choose my activity, queue up, and grab some related things.

What's the point of having a ghost that can instantly communicate across the system if I can never leverage that? =)

A related issue is for people like me who have not played as much over the past season or two, I'm constantly full on quests, and don't have enough space for more than a few bounties at any given time, meaning I have to constantly micro-manage my bounty space.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread